Monday, March 12, 2007

I don't wanna go to thwimmin' leth-thonth!

Day 1 of swimming lessons and the crying has started again. He was wailing, "I don't wanna go to swimming lessons!" over and over again as I drove there. He cried when I put in the pool until she told him "NO CRYING IN MY POOL". Then the crying turned to a whimper. He did blow bubbles when she asked him to but he would not put his face in the water (she will push them in if they do not). She has a very hard approach but she is effective. She rightly says that this is a life skill they need to learn and she will not pamper them.

Anyway, I told Cars I would buy him candy (nice bribe) after every swimming lesson that he does not cry. So, he did not get candy today but he said he will try not to cry on Wednesday because he really wants some Sweetarts!

Jax and Dex have their after school Legomation class. If I could be sure that Dex would not forget, I could stay home and have a nap. But, since he forgot last week and I intercepted him on his way to the park, I need to go to the school to ensure he gets to the class on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment