Thursday, October 05, 2006

MOPS was today. The craft (painting a daisy design on a hat to wear on the Breast Cancer and MS Walks) went well although it was crazy running around dishing the supplies out and then collecting them again. I missed the cool part of the speakers (The Body Shop - they do direct sales via catalogues and home parties - I had no idea!) so I guess this will be par for the course for the year. :(

Tomorrow I am teaching Art Start in Dex's class. The kids will be studying the Mona Lisa by Da Vinci then working on drawing portraits of each other. I think it will be a blast!

I have also been busy everyday this week after school punching "Walk to/From School" cards for the kids. It is so cute to see all of the kids at school so determined to get their cards punched. We will collect them tomorrow afternoon and the kids with 10 punches will be entered in a draw to win prizes (reflective bracelets, water bottles, etc).

The kids start Sunday School/RE classes next weekend. I signed them up for the 9AM (Cars) and 10:15 classes (Jax and Dex). The church is starting a "Life Teen" Mass at 5:30 on Sundays and the singing group who will lead the songs performed at the 9AM Mass this past Sunday and they were soooo good. Now I wish I had signed the kids up for 4:30pm classes on Sundays so we could go to the 5:30 Mass. Maybe next year...

Killjoy will be here in a week and a half for about 10 days. We are going to make Christmas cake together. God help me. I already know that she will complain because I will not buy the ingredients from the bulk bin (too much chance of peanut cross-contamination). Then she will break something like the Kitchen Aid mixer and say that she has been making Christmas cake for years without a mixer like that so why would I bother to use it (because I have carpal tunnel syndrome and have no strength in my wrists!). Oh, how pathetic am I? I have already imagined a fight with her, complete with my retorts! Serenity now...

No comments:

Post a Comment